Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. Psalm 57.5, 62:5

Sunday 8 January 2012

Winter? Not so much

What a weird winter this has been. The weather girl last night called it the "year of the Chinook". Last year we had so much snow we could not find places to put it; this year almost none. Outdoor Christmas stuff, that goes into the ground early before it is frozen, and has to wait until spring to come out again, came out today. I am concerned about the plants; they need the snow cover to keep them from drying out but there is none and we keep getting the drying Chinook winds. A bonus though - since moving to Calgary in 2006 I have had "Chinook headaches" - so far this winter I have not had any. That was one of the things on my list of pros and cons about living here - Chinooks were on the con list, along with quite a few other items. "Experts" said it would be one of the coldest winters on record - so much for that. Temp today is 10C (50F).

I will be posting my WIPocalypse picture later this evening or tomorrow morning. I am almost finished the fourth motif.

No comments:

Post a Comment