Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. Psalm 57.5, 62:5

Saturday 31 December 2016

And now another year is done

I cannot believe it is almost two years since I last posted.   I thought about it many times but just never had much to say.  It has been pretty much the same old, same old.  

I may have had a complete knee replacement in 2014,but the knee still hurts.  

In 2015 I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from just below my eye.  Then later that year a fatty lipoma from my left arm.  

In July I finally had the macular pucker removed from my right eye.  My close vision is very poor but I cannot do anything about it until May, when the doctor might do laser surgery to remove what he called some after-cataract - those were removed in 2010. 

This year I celebrated my 75th birthday.  

On the stitching front, I have not done much at all.   The chart I was going to begin in 2015 was abandoned.   I started and finished Cat Lessons for People by Lizzie*Kate.
I also started and finished There Goes the Neighborhood, Butterfly Garden,  His Name is Jesus and Promise Me.   I gave Promise Me to my daughter.  



I only started and finished one project in 2016.   That was a freebie that I found somewhere. 

A couple of months ago I was gifted with the chart O Canada, by Jeanette Douglas, along with the thread pack for it, so I started it and hope to get it done by Canada's 150th birthday in July.  It will be my focal piece and if I get it done will try to finish the Starburst Flag and Rejoice.   They are my only remaining WIPs, since I gave World Peace Angel to my daughter to finish.  
 Rejoice is actually complete down the left-hand side.  
 The flag is also complete down the left-hand side, as of October.  

Since I watch very little TV any more, I do not do much stitching.  Once the curling begins again I should get back to it more often, and then again in April baseball season begins, when I get a lot of it done.    Since my close vision is so poor, I need a lot of light and once again my maglight.  Hopefully after May I can get new glasses, if necessary.   Right now my right eye does not see well at all.  


13 comments:

  1. You've done some beautiful pieces. I'm so sorry you're having such trouble with your eyesight - hopefully the doctor can help you.

    May you have a peaceful 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is lovely - I'm glad you can still stitch, and hope the doctors can get your eyes back at 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CorelCad Crack 2020 is an affordable and powerful CAD software with 2D drawing, 3D design and. DWG support: CorelCad offers custom 2D drawing tools and superb 3D design tools in an interactive workspace to help you achieve your CAD goals in all types of market sectors. Increase your workflow productivity with local people.CorelCAD License Key

    ReplyDelete
  4. IDM 6.38 Build 16 Crack With Serial Key Full Download [Latest]
    IDM 6.38 Build 16 Crack is available. You can download the crack version without any risk of virus. This crack of IDM is monitoring on the daily basis and tested ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for Sharing such an amazing article. Keep working... Your Site is very nice, and it's very helping us.. this post is unique and interesting, thank you for sharing this awesome information

    GST Registration Online

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the future, I want to avoid reading a blog article that has disappointed me so much that I won't even bother to open it.
    It was my choice to read, but I was hoping you might have something to say.
    The only thing I hear from you, if you weren't thirsty for attention, is a scream for help over something that could easily be addressed.
    parallels desktop activation key
    coreldraw graphics suite x8 crack
    fall guys crack


    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fascinating to visit this website and read all of your friends' opinions.
    While I am interested in the subject of this piece of writing, I am also excited to
    acquire familiarity
    nuclear coffee videoget crack
    spyhunter crack
    virtual dj pro crack
    express vpn download crack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mycleanpc is an optimization tool and a cleaning software that protects your computer from adware, cache, and other temporary files.
    It also includes a registry cleaner and a privacy protector that will wipe out all unwanted data items that have been collected over time within your browser.
    asphalt crack
    gridinsoft trojan killer crack
    wondershare pdf editor pro crack
    copytrans crack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your writing and presentation skills as well as your overall style have really impressed me.
    blog A purchased theme or one that you've modified is either the case.
    You? Whatever the situation may be, the most important thing is to listen to new music with high-quality lyrics.
    Today, I seldom come across a blog as nice as this one.
    unitypdf crack
    unity crack
    windows 10 education crack
    wi fi hacker crack

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your all post. You Have Done really good Work On This Site. Thank you For The Information You provided. It helps Ma a Lot.
    it Is Very Informative Thanks For Sharing.I have also Paid This sharing. I am ImPressed For With your Post Because This post is very
    is very beneficial for me and provides new knowledge to me.This is a cleverly
    written article.Good work with the hard work you have done I appreciate your work thanks for sharing it. It Is very Wounder Full Post

    total commander ultima prime crack
    total commander ultima prime crack
    total commander ultima prime crack
    total commander ultima prime crack
    total commander ultima prime crack
    total commander ultima prime crack
    total commander ultima prime crack

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beneficial software for both you and me.
    No errors were detected during the audit.
    It's something you can take advantage of. I hope you find it nice.
    aswmbr crack
    spitfire audio labs crack
    splice crack
    sibelius crack
    ccleaner crack
    windows 10 pro product key
    magix music maker crack
    windows 8 1 pro crack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitely come back to more times this year! Thanks for the informative post. download Total Commander

    ReplyDelete